Thursday, February 25, 2010

Food, food, and more food!

This past week was fun. I went to the Musee D'Orsay last Wednesday and a nice farmers market on Saturday- Boulevard des Batignolles in the 9th. That night I had the worst experience ever at a French hospital (a false alarm, so no big deal) BUT I had to wait in the waiting room for FOUR hours. Then once I was called I got looked at- but the hospital was dirty, the doctors were skeezy, and then after all my tests were taken I had to wait another three hours. By that point I was in tears and starving (a hospital that makes you wait 8 hours should at the very least have a vending machine- but no! Of course not!). Let's just say I am 100% for the American health care system now. It was miserable..
Musee D'Orsay

On Monday I met up with my old roommate and a few friends. We got a deal through this website- LaFourchette.com- where if you book the restaurant through the site you get 50% off your meal! So we all got a delicious three course meal for 12 E each! I had a salad with blue cheese, arugula, and pear, then polenta with a beef stew, then we split four desserts--- tiramisu, tarte tatin, panna cotta, and chocolate mousse. Everything was superb! The restaurant was named Les Belles Miettes. I will definitely be going back.

Brianna, our old roommate Erin who visited for a weekend, and meBeef Stew w/ Polenta
Tiramisu & other desserts- all served in cups!
Katherine and I went to a delicious Chinese restaurant last week. I don't know what it is about Paris that makes me constantly crave Chinese food. It's actually kind of absurd how much I want to eat it. Anyway... this place had legitimate Chinese and it was spicy (the French usually can't handle the kick)!

Tonight, we went out for a friend's birthday at the famous Le Refuge des Fondues. I read reviews that this restaurant was fun and amazing- but I was extremely let down. It cost us over 20 Euros each (about 30 dollars) for cheese fondue with stale bread and a few appetizers. Then- they served us CANNED fruit! I was actually shocked that I was paying so much for canned fruit! And for a French restaurant? The best part was drinking wine from baby bottles. Anyway, I will not be going back there again!


This week was the beginning of midterms so I had a bit of work to do this week to finish before my spring break- which starts tomorrow! I am very excited. I'm going to Africa for the first time! I probably won't post anything for a while until after spring break (when Tyler and Maddie come!), but then I'm sure I will have lots of stories to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment