Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, so Bri and I took it as an excuse to buy really nice chocolate for ourselves. Paris does have some of the best chocolate places in the world, so we went to Á la Mere de la Famille. I bought a ganache caramel and a praline chocolate ball. Both were delicious! We were very cliché yesterday as we made chocolate covered strawberries, drank wine, and ate pizza with our friends. It was actually a lot of fun!

Last week, GW hosted a free dinner for GW students at AUP. It's nice that they do offer free events. We had a nice 3 course meal with wine. GW also sponsors a lot of trips in France. I am going to Giverny, Normandy, and Mont Saint Michel with GW. They pay for hotel, food, and admission prices.

It snowed a few days last week! The snow was beautiful. Unfortunately it doesn't stick on the ground for too long- but I was able to snap some pictures before it melted away. Also, I went to a Christian Boltanski exhibit at the Grand Palais about death and life. It was strange to say the least, but the Grand Palais was pretty.
The snow! It was pouring.

Boltanksi Exhibit @ Grand Palais
Spring break is two weeks away. I am so excited- particularly for Morocco because I have never been to Africa before. I am a little annoyed because midterms week is the week after we get back from Spring Break. Does AUP not expect students to travel during this time? At least my grades don't count this semester!

Not too much to update. I want to go to Musée D'Orsay on Wednesday (I get in for free!) so hopefully that will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment